What is an Architecture ?
In Dragon1 total concept is synonym for architecture.
If an organization want to visualize the AS-IS architecture of an organizational structure, system or domain and how wel it performs, or the TO-BE architecture that is needed to execute the strategy, this can ultimately be achieved by only creating and mixing two visualization:
- Structure Vision - A standard Dragon1-view showing the functional layout of a structure, system of domain.
- Architecture Vision - A standard Dragon1-view showing the technical layout of a structure, system of domain.
Sometimes in order to be able to create these two visualization the following two visualizations have to be created first:
- Structure Framework - A standardized Dragon1-view showing the types of elements, components and functions that may be using as building bricks for creating a structure vision.
- Architecture Framework - A standardized Dragon1-view showing the types of concepts, technology and functions that may be using as building bricks for creating an architecture vision.
If you want to visualize the enterprise architecture, you need to create an enterprise structure vision and an enterprise architecture vision, using the structure vision as background.
Why do Architects work with Architectures ?
Architects work with architecture in order to group and cohere concepts with each other. Every coherent group of concepts in fact is a totalconcept is an architecture.
So if in an organization there are two completely different coherent groups of business concepts, in fact you may as well define two different business architectures that are or have been applied onto variuos business within the enterprise.
A Dragon1 reference model for Architecture
Business Architecture en Information Architecture differ from eachother but also have things in common.
The reference model presented here shows the generic elements that are part of the architecture concept.
Also Business Architectures differ amongst themselves because it all depends on the concepts you select what elements. component and objects wil be present in the architecture.
...the generic architecture reference model...
Per defined generic architecture in Dragon1 you find here also a link to a specific reference model of the architecture
- Dragon1 Enterprise Architecture
- Dragon1 Governance Architecture
- Dragon1 Business architecture
- Dragon1 Information Architecture
- Dragon1 Technical Architecture
- Dragon1 IT-Infrastructure Architecture
- Dragon1 Security Architecture
- Dragon1 Application Architecture
- Dragon1 Data Architecture
- Dragon1 Solution Architecture
- Dragon1 Reference Architecture
Examples of Architectures